Tips From A Lawyer On Motor Vehicle Accidents
No one ever thinks a serious car crash with injuries will happen to them. Knowing what to do after an auto accident can make a difference to your health and well-being. Our car accident attorneys at The Truitt Law Firm, LLC, have decades of experience advocating for the injured. We understand how devastating a car crash can be. When everything seems to have gone wrong, let our compassionate guidance and top tips ease your mind.
Top Things To Do After A Car Collision
Being involved in a vehicle collision is frightening. You most likely will not know what to do in the minutes that follow. Here is a list of the top things you can do immediately after an automobile accident:
- Call 911 and get a copy of the police report.
- Call an ambulance and/or visit a doctor even if you do not feel pain, as injuries can develop over time.
- Take photos at the accident scene, if you are able.
- Preserve any evidence from the scene (our thorough auto accident lawyer pays attention to details and may uncover evidence others may miss).
- Do not speak with any auto insurance companies until you speak to an auto accident attorney first.
- Do not accept a “deal” or offer; seek our guidance first, as insurance companies will often pay more.
Car insurance companies typically have large teams of lawyers and claims adjusters whose goal is to pay out the most minimal amount. Do not agree to anything until you seek counsel from an experienced Louisiana personal injury attorney. You need a compassionate yet fierce counselor who will strive for the compensation you deserve to help pay medical and other expenses … possibly for years to come.
Speak With Our Car Crash Attorney Right Away
Our goal is to help you now and in the future after an accident. Discover how we can assist in your motor vehicle collision claim. Call 985-273-0900 or ask for a consultation at either our Covington or Metairie office with this handy email request.